Sunday 15 January 2012

2007 Hai Lang Hao - Bulang

There are cakes which are generally considered as a good value among the tea drinkers. Reading the blogs this young sheng from YS seemed to be a safe bet so I ordered a cake. My first session was in a row with other shengs and the second was in a kind of hurry. Its time to sit down and relax with this tea, a Friday evening should be just fine for this.
6.3g/90ml gaiwan, 10s rinse, 3s, 3s, 3s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 45s, 1min, 3min


Both the dry and wet leaves have a delicious aroma, sweet-nutty, with a lot of depth. From the previous sessions with this tea I remembered some bitterness (no wonder, it’s from Bulang) so I took it easy with infusion times. The result was great; mainly lower notes, lot of long lasting sweetness both in the aroma cup and liquor. 

  

The initially dry mouth feel turned quickly to salivation. Besides the deep, chunky character the aftertaste of this tea impressed me the most. It appeared in the early infusions and stayed clearly there during the whole session and also for a while after it, I drunk it slowly just to enjoy the huigan. 


I skipped the sampling part with this tea. The price was  40.50 USD what is ok for 5 year old sheng of this quality. I finished around 11pm with an alert qi but after an easy dinner I fall asleep, no caffeine buzz. Overall a very tasty tea from Bulang, with enough taste and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment